Saturday, March 8, 2008

Panama!!

This is dad and I at the miraflora locks on the Panama canal in Panama city. To the right of me you can see a large ocean ship that is beginning to go through the locks.

I am really having trouble posting any more pictures so I will have to try again later. Anyway I was going to post another picture of the boat sinking in the locks. I thought they were really interesting.It takes ships at least 8 hours to go through the canal at an average cost of $2000.00 The cost depends on the size of the vessel. the ships have to reserve their spot to go through the canal 6 months ahead of time and quite often they wait for at least 24 hours to go through. But I guess it is still quicker than going all around the tip of South America!

1 comments:

Colette said...

cool that looks like a fun trip!