Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Hike


Saturday, Erik and I decided to go for a hike, because we had just bought some hiking boots. Here is the lovely trail we walked down. It was a beautiful day. There was no elevation change, so I guess you can't really say it was a hike, it was more like a walk in the woods.  While on the hike in the woods we happened upon a bear, a big, black, 200 pound bear. That was the end of our hike. 
This picture was taken after we saw the bear and we were in sight of our car. You can still the the shock on my face. I look a little concerned, because I was. 
After our misadventure in the woods we decided to go to a park. The park is right across the street from our apartment, plus it is in the middle of a small city. Erik convinced me there would be no bears there. I agreed. This is a picture of the trees. They are tall and everywhere.  
Here is a picture of us again. As you can see I don't look nearly as concerned about a bear in this photo. However, while we were in the park on the trail a dog did attack me. By attack I mean lick my leg. It was kinda gross and a little scary, because it was a pitt bull. I survived. 

 
Here is a side by side comparison of my faces. The one on the left, no bear. The one on the right, bear. Can you see the difference? 
 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! a Bear! I'm so glad you survived- our last edition of the Readers Digest tells you what to do in case of a bear sighting. It says to back away slowly and try to look really big by raising your arms up high. That's all i really remember, maybe that will help for next time! Love ya! :)

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

maybe you should borrow that readers digest from Chantille. Those are pretty pictures, too bad you didnt hurry and snap one of the bear. Ha just kidding I am glad you didnt get attacked

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

that is scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!