Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Hike

Erik and I went on another hike, it was not up in the mountains, but down on Hood Canal. So it was more of a walk in the marshes. We didn't see any bears, I guess they don't like to be up to their necks in mud. 
Apparently, a lot of birds and bugs live in the marshes. We saw bugs, but we didn't see many birds. I really wanted to see a bald eagle, but that has not happened yet. I am positive it will before I leave Washington, because I am not leaving until I see one
Happy Father's Day dad! I hope you had a great one in Trinidad. I can't think of a better place to spend Father's day, except maybe Port Orchard, Washington. You are the best! 

Below is the only non-bird animal we saw. It is a very fuzzy caterpillar, we didn't stay and wait for it to become a butterfly. 

Above is a shell, a broken shell. The birds that live in the marshes are pretty smart. They grab the clam or oyster shell from the water, fly it over to the walk way and smash it against the ground. Then, they eat the tasty clam or oyster. This is one of the many unlucky shells we saw on our walk. 

As many of you know, I got a job at the Boys and Girls Club. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I had training in Tacoma. It was a lot of fun and some not fun. I met a lot of the girls I will be working with and really like them, so that makes it exciting. The camp doesn't start until next Monday, because tomorrow the kids around here are still in school, crazy! Talia, you should be so happy you don't live in Washington, but you should come and visit. We did have some visitors on Friday. The Ropers stopped by for about an hour. Erik was not home yet, so that was sad. What was sadder was Erik came home about 5 minutes after they left. Oh well. Well I hope all is well. Sarah, I love the video of Cooper. I can't wait to see you  guys!! 

0 comments: